The therapist will utilize a strengths based approach.The therapist will follow the recommendations from an extensive psychological evaluation completed on the consumer. Relevant therapeutic approaches based on the needs of the client will be used by the therapist. Once data is collected, a formal plan of care and treatment with goals and objectives would be provided; including a working diagnosis based on the [DSM SJ, with some indications of possible length of treatment before the client will become more func tional and is able to return to their community with more appropriate social skills.d,.evelopment.
Group Counseling is a process and a relationship between the facilitator and the group members, who come to build trust, support, and explore ways to express their feelings. The group counseling process helps the client increase their coping skills, their knowledge of resource,stimulate individual development and foster individual growth. Groups are structured on a 7 to 12 week schedule based on curriculum, topics, and age of group members. Group topics vary from stress management, drug/alcohol abuse,lead ership development, self-advocacy,education and professional services, violence in school, peer pressure and reaching set goals and dreams but are not limite_d to these topics.
The therapeutic visitation program in designed to increase the sense of resiliency that contrib utes to a family’s ability to cope with life stressors in a positive and productive manner. The MTS team will provide family therapy and family support services. The MTS team will work on family goals and help implement strategies and intervention tools which will enable the family to develop in a positive manner.
The goals of MTS Therapeutic Family Visitation Program include the prevention of child abuse and neglect and promotion of optimal child health and development. MTS plans fo meet these goals by focusing on the following principles:
- Child Health & Safety – All children have the right to a healthy and safe childhood in a nurturing, permanent family, or in the closest substitute to a family
- Permanency for all Children – All children are entitled to a safe, permanent and nurturing home in order to reach their full potential as human
- Family Preservation – Consistent with child safety, families should be preserved, reunified, and strengthened so parents learn how to suctessfully rear their children.
- Adequate Resources – There must be sufficient supportive ser,vices for families, including mental health services, counseling, educational/parenting programs, and domestic violence and substance abuse
The process allows MTS to customize services that are tailored to meet the family or child’s needs.
The family visitation program provides intense reunification services by providing parenting and social skills coaching models appropriate to parent-child interaction.
The program empowers parents to:
- Develop positive parenting tools
- Facilitate a successful transition for the family
- Provide appropriate care for their children
We utilize a variety of settings to enhance the parent-child relationship including:
- Local Churches
- Other Community Establishments
Our staff provides supervised visits between the parents, guardians, other family members and the clients to ensure a productive and quality visit.