GENERAL OVERVIEW OF KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This individual will support all aspects of clerical requirements.
ESSENTIAL & CORE FUNCTIONS:
- Performs general office functions.
- Performs related work as required, under general supervision.
- Executes routine billing assignments, including preparing correspondence.
- Performs a variety of general clerical duties such as answering telephones, typing correspondence, memorandums, and statistical data; filing, and reports; consumer payroll completion and submission; maintenance of documents in line with DOL regulations; preparation/tracking of department spending and check requests.
- Ordering/securing and inventory of food stuffs for food service program.
- Responsible for accurate and timely enrollment and billing service data.
- Must have tact concerning the handling of people and be accurate in all duties performed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
PREREQUISITES & QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required.
- Successful completion of a medical office or medical billing program highly preferred.
- One to three years (1-3) of relevant office experience.
- Must have knowledge of business English, punctuation, arithmetic, spelling, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Programs including excel.
- Typing with accuracy and speed 40-45 WPM (preferred but not essential.)
- Driver’s license Must have.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Familiar with recordkeeping methods, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to carry out assignments to completion.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Ability to employ critical thinking strategies independent problem solving.
ORGANIZATIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY & RELATIONSHIPS:
The individual is to be supervised by the Sr. Director of IDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.