The individual occupying this position will perform work in the community that supports establishing and building relationships with local CRCs, Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities, and short and long term residential providers. The position also supports the engagement of program participants in the OMY community with gaining needed resources such as medical and residential supports in addition to other supportive services. These functions are directed at specific outcomes for program growth and participant support.
ESSENTIAL & CORE FUNCTIONS:
- Community outreach and networking to build program census.
- Increase advocacy efforts to improve services and eliminate stigma.
- Supports referral and linking with appropriate services as specified in the treatment/recovery plan.
- Assertive Outreach – Early engagement/Re-engagement and early intervention for participants in program.
- Required use of public transportation and use of agency vehicle when performing community outreach.
- Provides monthly report with program census data and community resource and partnership development.
- Provide documentation supporting community contacts and collaborative/collateral notes for participant intervention and supports.
- Meets productivity influx standards set by CBH annually for CIRC programs.
- Attends trainings, workshops and seminars specific to Psychiatric Rehabilitation, community marketing/community relations outreach and community integration.
- Attends OMY Administration team meetings.
- Plans OMY Community Special events and special projects.
- Flexible work schedule when necessary.
- Attend all program meetings and Participant Linkage support meetings as required.
- Participation in individual and/or group supervisory meetings.
- Participation in staff or DBH/CBH approved trainings annually.
- Complete 12 hour orientation to Psychiatric Rehabilitation services.
- Basic Understanding of mental illness, treatment, and the local mental health delivery system.
- Basic understanding of co-occurring disorders, treatment and support systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholder communities.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
JOB TITLE: Community Wellness Facilitator
Reports to: Our Mission Is Yours Program Director Department: OMY – Our Mission Is Yours
Classification: Non-exempt Division: Mental Health
Revision Date: 6/6/2018 Approved: 6/6/2018
PREREQUISITES & QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Social Science Degree and have a minimum of 2 years of experience working with adults and with mental illness or co-occurring disorders. Some experience working within family systems.
- Valid FBI clearance, criminal history check and child abuse history clearance required.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing required.
ORGANIZATIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY & RELATIONSHIPS:
- The individual is to be supervised by the Director of OMY or their designee.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.